|Season 7, Episode 4|
|Air date||October 20, 2014|
|Written by||Rob Hanning|
|Directed by||Rob Bowman|
When an ice cream vender is shot, evidence leads Beckett and Castle to believe that an unknown second-grader may have vital information about the case. Castle goes undercover at an elementary school to try and identify the second-grader but nothing goes as planned.
- Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle
- Stana Katic as Det. Kate Beckett
- Jon Huertas as Det. Javier Esposito
- Seamus Dever as Det. Kevin Ryan
- Tamala Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish
- Penny Johnson Jerald as Captain Victoria Gates (credited only)
- Molly C. Quinn as Alexis Castle
- Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers
- Michael Hyatt as Mrs. Leslie Ruiz
- Bess Rous as Natalie Barnes
- Elya Baskin as Sergei Vetotchkin
- David Barrera as Principal Joe Silva
- Quinn Friedman as Jason
- Rachel Eggleston as Emily
- Laura Kai Chen as Detective Miranda Daniels
- Aleksandra Kaniak as Mrs. Vetotchkin
- Kai Scott as Jack
- Suzanne Sena as Emily's Mom
- Kyla-Drew Simmons as Sophie
- Cliff Marc Simon as Polkovnik
- Mrs. Leslie Ruiz: Class.
- Castle: Neat trick.
- Mrs. Ruiz: Children, this is Mr. Castle. He’s going to be helping me with today’s lessons.
- The Class: Good morning, Mr. Castle!
- Mrs. Ruiz: Okay, Colombo. You’re on.
- Castle: No, no, this girl – she’s ready to open up to me. We have … a special connection.
- Beckett: Really? Should I be worried?
- Castle: Only that I’m going to solve the case before you.
- Beckett: Oh.
- Emily: I’m Emily. Who are you?
- Beckett: I’m Kate. I’m Mr. Castle’s … friend.
- Emily: Do you like to play princess with him?
- Beckett: Uh…sometimes.
- Emily: Are you two getting married?
- Beckett & Castle: One day.
- Beckett: So, basically we're looking for someone who won't intimidate them? An adult presence, in the classroom that eight year olds will view as a peer, someone that they can consider one of their own?
- Principal Joe Silva: Okay, but where would we find someone like that?
- Castle: Got it! Easy.
- Castle: Being 90% kid myself, I have an ability to get into the minds of children. And I have the perfect plan.
- Mrs. Ruiz: Trust me: there is no such thing.
- Castle: I'm sure I can handle anything these little charms throw my way. In this case, an eraser.
- Alexis: And where do you think your going?
- Castle: Um, second grade?
- Castle: I'm late for a tea party.
- Jason: I'm not talking to Mr. Castle, he's a jerk face!
- Castle: Okay, you know what, he's the jerk face!
- Beckett: He's eight years old. You've been here for a day and a half and you already have a nemesis?
- Castle's favorite ice cream flavor is potato chip fudge.
- This episode bears the same name as the Child's Play films.
- Alexis is keeping watch of Castle because she's worried about losing her dad since Driven – as him being worried about her since the season 5 episodes Target and Hunt.
- The episode begins on the night of October 20, 2014, the date on Jason's permission slip found in Anton's van; also Castle mentions the day's date.