|Season 7, Episode 8|
|Air date||November 24, 2014|
|Written by||David Amann|
|Directed by||Jeannot Szwarc|
When subway passengers, including Detective Esposito, are taken hostage by a mysterious gunman, Castle, Beckett and the team must uncover the gunman's agenda before it’s too late.
- Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle
- Stana Katic as Det. Kate Beckett
- Jon Huertas as Det. Javier Esposito
- Seamus Dever as Det. Kevin Ryan
- Tamala Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish
- Penny Johnson Jerald as Captain Victoria Gates
- Molly C. Quinn as Alexis Castle (credit only)
- Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers (credit only)
- Will Rothhaar as Jared Stone
- Jessica Camacho as Officer Marisa Aragon
- Maya Stojan as Tory Ellis
- Nathan Anderson as Brent Reeves
- Wendy Braun as Carol Jarvis
- Marc Berry as Captain Bigelow
- Jake Martin as Roger Corning
- Justin Cone as Dustin
- Brandon Phillips as Ty
- Hilary Ward as Bella
- Kevin Will as Grant Gerber
- Castle: This feels different, doesn't it?
- Beckett: What does?
- Castle: Rolling up to a crime scene as a married couple. Like Nick and Nora Charles.
- Beckett: Ooh, like MacMillan and wife.
- Castle: Hart to Hart.
- Beckett: Turner and Hooch.
- Castle: Turner and Hooch aren't even married.
- Beckett: Yeah, but you still remind me a little of Hooch.
- Esposito: Hey, what kind of dad do you think I’d be?
- Ryan: You’d be great.
- Esposito: Even growing up with no role model?
- Ryan: Well, you know, the thing of it is, you know what it’s like not having a father. You’d make sure your kid never felt that way. You and Lanie... Hmm?
- Esposito: No. She like things how they are. But, you know, maybe I’m ready for more than that, you know what I’m saying? Move forward.
- Ryan: Huh.
- Esposito: Hey, did you hear that? That sound?
- Ryan: No. What’s that?
- Esposito: It’s my biological clock ticking. Tick, tock, tick.
- Ryan: We were having a genuine, honest moment here, and you had to ruin it by being a jackass.
- Lanie: Got any of that left over for me? Javi, I was worried sick. I thought that...
- Esposito: I know what you thought, but I’m here. I’m back. I'm all right.
- "Symphony No.6 in F ('Pastoral')" - René Leibowitz & Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- This episode is primarily centered around Detective Esposito.
- This is the second episode where someone gets held hostage. The first was Cops & Robbers. Just like Beckett worrying about Castle, Lanie starts to worry about Esposito.
- The first Turner and Hooch comment was in A Deadly Affair.
- This episode had Esposito thinking of proposing to and starting a family with Lanie.
- The subway car has a poster for King Lear, featuring "Alfred Heath". It can be see over the left shoulder of Grant Gerber, the salesman. "Sir Alfred Heath" was the cover identity used by Detective Inspector Colin Hunt in The Limey, until the real Sir Alfred Heath arrived.
- Castle once again references The Old Haunt and says drinks are on him, in a manner which suggests he still owns it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.