|Season 6, Episode 22|
|Air date||May 5, 2014|
|Written by||Rob Hanning and Terence Paul Winter|
|Directed by||Rob Bowman|
A secret investigation conducted by Beckett related to her mother's murder goes awry when a man she has been surveilling is killed. When evidence links Beckett to the victim, she and Castle become the targets of a manhunt that puts both of them in grave danger.
- Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle
- Stana Katic as Det. Kate Beckett
- Jon Huertas as Det. Javier Esposito
- Seamus Dever as Det. Kevin Ryan
- Tamala Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish
- Penny Johnson Jerald as Captain Victoria Gates
- Molly C. Quinn as Alexis Castle (credit only)
- Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers (credit only)
- Jack Coleman as William Bracken
- Jonathan Adams as Vulcan Simmons
- Alex Fernandez as Capt. Marcus Donovan
- David Gautreaux as Dr. Oliver Pressing
- Ayanna Berkshire as Interviewer
- Tom Billett as Sergio
- Joshua Wolf Coleman as Reporter #2
- Chic Daniel as Thomas
- Brent Alan Henry as Uni
- Grace Rowe as Reporter #1
Special Uncredited Guest Cast
- Castle: Great. So guess what happened?
- Beckett: You were kicked out of the hotel for throwing a crazy party?
- Castle: Those were the days. No…
- Beckett: We've been tracking Vulcan’s network. Maybe we can help.
- Mr. Smith: Detective, you are radioactive. You can’t even help yourself. Don’t try to contact me again.
- Castle: Smith! There must be something we can do.
- Mr. Smith: Run. Disappear. Because if you don’t, he will kill you.
- Beckett: Yes, sir. Tons of times. But I haven’t found anything that seems relevant.
- Montgomery: Well keep looking. You never know when something might turn up.
- Beckett: You know, Castle, my mom had a saying. Vincit Omnia Veritas.
- Castle: Truth conquers all.
- Beckett: We’ll never find the truth if we run away.
- Castle: Kate, we’re never going to find the truth if we’re dead. We’re not running away. We’re surviving, okay? We’re living to fight another day. We will take down Bracken.
- Beckett: Castle –
- Castle: Shh. It’s not your fault.
- Beckett: I really thought we were gonna make it.
- Castle: Hey. Whatever happens...
- Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It’s over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud, and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.
- Caste: She’s proud of you. Wherever she is, she’s proud.
- Beckett: I never could have done this without you.
- This episode marks Senator Bracken finally getting arrested for fraud, conspiracy and the murder of Beckett's mother Johanna Beckett.
- It's revealed that Mr. Smith had faked his death in After the Storm to go into hiding with the help of a friend, Dr. Oliver Pressing.
- This episode shows Montgomery and Beckett when they both met in the evidence room.
- Beckett finally uncovered concrete evidence of Senator Bracken's wrongdoing. It was in the form of a tape Montgomery had given to her mother, who had hidden it inside an elephant figurine which Beckett had kept on her desk at the precinct.
- In Always, Beckett's mother's gravestone reads Vincit Omnia Veritas which means "truth conquers all" in Latin.
- Before becoming a homicide detective, Beckett worked as a patrol officer.